- #Sandgrains and @jordiefilm will be at @krakowfilmfest from May 26th to June 2nd. Official selection to the Krakow Film Market!!!
- inspiring work by a greek media collective!!! http://t.co/2pNPXWHe @Alpha_Movie let us know where we can join your crowdfunding campaign
- New track composed by Mirco Buonomo for the #Sandgrains #documentary. #Sharks ending up in #Chinese #shark #fin soups http://t.co/sG0TmUf4
- #Underwater by mircobuonomo via #soundcloud the second track composed for the #documentary #sandgrains http://t.co/Cz6zsYNZ
- Get your hands on @justdoitfilm online! you can now download, stream or get the FREE #creativecommons version here: http://t.co/kNzjMm4C
Coney Island is a legendary place by the seaside, just an hour from Manhattan. Known for the old fun-fair “Luna Park”, Coney Island was known as an attraction for the weird and wonderful shows it put on. In recent years it has changed greatly and the whole area has been restructured. But Coney Island still exudes a peculiar and extraordinary charm, a zone apart, inhabited by “contemporary freaks”.ï»¿
This photographic journal attempts to explore the very different ways in which we, as Italians, conduct ourselves on our beaches; what we do, how we eat, how we treat each other. The average Italian holidaymaker can rarely afford the posh Riveras known internationally and instead we tend to congregate in an environment that is cheap, animated and open to all. From south to north, from refined old ladies, athletic young men and a few resourceful foreigners, this is a journey across Italy that casts an ironic eye on the beaches and the characters that inhabit them.
Karem e Riad are two cousins from Djebeniana,Tunisia. Both unemployed and with an uncertain future to face, they are sure that Ben Ali regime’s roots are still firm. So they decide to invest all their savings to get to Lampedusa and then to France.
This is not just a story about the recession but also one about corrupt businesses, their decisions and their consequences. These are the latest photos visible from the factory in the period before March 2009, when production in the facility was blocked and marked with the seal of the police.