- #Sandgrains and @jordiefilm will be at @krakowfilmfest from May 26th to June 2nd. Official selection to the Krakow Film Market!!!
- inspiring work by a greek media collective!!! http://t.co/2pNPXWHe @Alpha_Movie let us know where we can join your crowdfunding campaign
- New track composed by Mirco Buonomo for the #Sandgrains #documentary. #Sharks ending up in #Chinese #shark #fin soups http://t.co/sG0TmUf4
- #Underwater by mircobuonomo via #soundcloud the second track composed for the #documentary #sandgrains http://t.co/Cz6zsYNZ
- Get your hands on @justdoitfilm online! you can now download, stream or get the FREE #creativecommons version here: http://t.co/kNzjMm4C
Jordie Montevecchi is a freelance documentary filmmaker with a background in social anthropology. Director, producer, cameraman and editor for Matchbox Media, he is inspired by the exploration of cultural diversity and the challenge of representing this through film. His experience ranges from pre- to post-production and has been working for broadcasters such as Aljazeera English, CBS News, NBC and Sky Italia. Since he was a teenager, he had a keen interest in other cultures and biodiversity and traveled extensively. With time this interest merged with the desire to tell the stories he was meeting on his way.
He is director and producer for the latest Matchbox Media documentary 'Sandgrains', currently in distribution, a film about how the declining European fishing industry is affecting a small fishing state as Cape Verde. His last film, Take Over, produced in 2008 and still in the final phase of post-production, tells the story of a group of squatters as they take over an abandoned church and try to open a social centre while resisting the eviction order. Other films are about agricultural surplus and its effects on society, class difference between youth in UK and communication between cultures in Rwanda.